9/27/10

Twilight zone

No, I'm not talking about the Stephanie Meyers books. I'm talking about the mess I've been making trying to get my website going by myself. It's harder than I thought. I'm starting to feel a little lost!

I moved over to Wordpress thinking it would be a piece of (cup)cake. Well, it's far from it. The free blog is fairly simple, but I already know my way around Blogger pretty well. The problem came when I registered my domain name and got hosting. I'm using the Wordpress software to power the site, but for the like of me I can't get the hang of it.

I finally decided that I was gonna have to buck up and actually pay somebody to design it for me. I'm a bit on the impatient side and am getting a bit antsy that I haven't gotten any responses from the few designers that I've contacted. I'm trying to keep calm, but I have a thing with instant gratification (which is why I taught myself, via Google searches, how to do most of what's this blog). So, I'm taking deep breaths and hoping for a response soon... from someone...

In the meantime, I thought I'd share the results of my very first birthday party. It was for my friend's daughter who just turned 7. She requested chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting, so this is how it turned out...


I found a tutorial here on how to make the stand. I think I'm gonna work on something that I can take apart and reuse. I've got lots of ideas brewing!


Still waiting...



No comments:

Post a Comment